Terms and Conditions
The Wedding Awards Entries:
- The online Submission Forms on TheWeddingAwards.org.uk (hereinafter referred to as ‘TWA’) website, must be completed by WIN Members before a wedding business will be accepted into the annual process.
- The TWA is not registered for VAT.
- The TWA will examine all nominations submitted for any irregularities and may decline any Registration submission without having to provide an explanation unless such registration is found to be fraudulent.
- The TWA categories chosen for each awards year will be based on the number of Nominee entries received and the final categories may, therefore, vary annually from the indicative list shown.
- The TWA Nominees and their guests will be invited to attend annual TWA Gala presentation/s subject to demand, where the Winners will be announced, but no one will be obliged to attend any such event/s in order to win or collect an award.
- All decisions reached by the TWA and Judging Panel throughout the Awards selection process will be final, with no further correspondence or communication being entered into.
Entry Dates and Deadlines:
- The various annual dates and deadlines for the TWA are as follow:
- The Awards entry year dates run from 1st January to 31st December, although a few days latitude may be given to later entries at the sole discretion of the TWA due to the Bank Holiday period.
- The Nominees will be able to forward their portfolios in-between 1st July and 1st November.
- The Winners will be named at the TWA Gala Presentation/s held before the end of December.
Nominee Eligibility and Voting:
For a professional wedding supplier, service or venue in England, Wales & Scotland to be eligible for nomination into The Wedding Awards for the dates detailed above, they must be a Wedding Industry Network (WIN) Member.
- The Wedding Awards is registered under the Data Protection Act and will not disclose any of the private details provided separate to the TWA public online listing, to any other third party without express prior consent.
- The TWA will only contact you if we need to verify any of the online form details you have submitted or to provide you with more information regarding The Wedding Awards process.
Copyright and Intellectual Rights:
- The Copyright and Intellectual Rights to any and all of the original TWA web site design, text, logos, brand and/or images are the legal property of, or used with the original legal owner’s express permission, or used under licence by The Wedding Awards.
- These legal rights specifically incorporate the main TWA blue and white logo which is registered as a Trade Mark at the Intellectual Property Office, Newport, England.
- Any Nominee, Finalist, Winner who undertakes any unlawful or inappropriate action that brings the TWA and/or its legal property into disrepute, or who ceases trading or is declared insolvent/bankrupt, will be removed from all TWA marketing and promotional material immediately and will no longer be permitted to use any of the aforementioned TWA legal property in any way to promote either themselves or any of their businesses.
- Any individual or Company or Business using any of the aforementioned TWA legal property without express prior written consent, will be prosecuted for breach of the aforementioned legal rights, with significant financial compensation sought for all damages and costs incurred.
- The potential legal actions outlined above may be regrettable but are necessary in order to protect not only the integrity of the TWA, but also that of all the reputable professional businesses which take part.
- The original Copyright to all the logos, images and photographs provided by the various wedding Nominees for their business listings on the TWA website belongs to them, or is licensed to them, or is copyright free, and cannot be copied without their express prior permission.
- The original Copyright to the TWA logos, graphics and designs used on the TWA website and created by D4 Design & Print Ltd, is held by them.
- The original Copyright to the TWA website build, design, coding and licensed software used in creating the site is held by Sites in Mind.
- Any and all unauthorised copying or use of any of the contents of the TWA website without the express prior agreement in writing of its owners will be actionable in Law.
You do not need to register or supply any personal information to browse our website.
What data we collect and how we collect it
We collect the most basic information such as your name, email and phone numbers when you contact us. This is the type of information found in a typical business card. You do not need to supply us with any personal information to use the services on our website.
We use Google Analytics to track the numbers of visitors to our site but do not collect any personal information or store IP address locally on our site. This is only used to monitor the number of hits on our pages and location at the country level. We, therefore, cannot track or trace individual users or their physical addresses.
Cookies used on this site by third parties to provide analytics.
What we do with the data
This information is used by us to contact you to offer you services or products that you have expressed an interest in. We may contact you to offer these and related services or products. We do not share, outsource, offshore this information with anyone outside our company and only use it to contact you.
We respect your privacy and will not sell or pass this information to anyone unless required by law or by explicit consent from yourself.
By communicating or asking us to contact you, you understand that you are providing this information to us voluntarily and there is a legitimate reason to retain this information for the period required to discharge those obligations mentioned above. Without the contact information, we will not be able to get back to you or publish your comments.
You have the right to ensure:
- We process your data fairly and lawfully within the consent you have provided us.
- Your data is accurate
- Not excessive
- Data is secure.
- Have your data updated and amended if it is incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- Restrict the level of processing or automated processing.
- Know how long we store your data.
- Ask us to erase your data at any point and be forgotten.
- Ask us to provide details of your personal data we hold.
You can do this by using the Contact Us form. We will need to verify your identity before we can speak to you about the data or act on your instructions.
How long do we keep your data?
The contact information well be retained for the period needed to interact with you but no longer than 2 years and may be retained in an anonymised form thereafter.
This means you will not be able to be identified when the data is anonymised.
How your data is protected
This information will be retained online on our website and protected behind our hosting provider’s firewall and other security arrangements. As with any such hosts website there is no absolute guarantee of security. If you feel this is not sufficient then please do not provide any personal information or let us know and we will dispose of the information securely.
How to contact us.